The resurrection of Jesus caused many problems for different people.
For the Romans
- The guards and their superiors
For the Jews
- The people who cried out for His crucifixion
- The citizens of Jerusalem who suffered under the oppression of Rome
His Resurrection Still Causes Problems for People Today
His resurrection 100% establishes His identity and His message. Because He is who He is and His message is true, everyone must make a decision what they will do about this truth. We have only three options:
- Reject the resurrection of Jesus
- Believe it occurred but largely ignore what it means to us
- Accept it and believe it in its fulness
There are Natural Results to Every Decision
Choosing one of the first two options places us outside of the salvation of God. Choosing the third provides us salvation. However, choosing the third means dying to ourselves and surrender to the Lordship of Jesus. This opposes our human nature and causes many to turn away or turn back.